Writing New Adult Fiction
By Deborah Halverson with foreword by SYLVIA DAY
“For the writer who wants to become a new adult author, or the new adult author who seeks to enrich her craftsmanship and stand out from the herd.”
–Tammara Webber, New York Times best-selling author of Easy and Breakable
From Sylvia Day’s Bared to You to Jamie McGuire’s Beautiful Disaster, new adult fiction has arrived—and it’s hotter than ever. But there’s more to this category than its 18- to 26-year-old characters: The success of your story depends on authentically depicting the transition of your young protagonists from teenhood into adulthood. With Writing New Adult Fiction, you’ll learn how to capture the spirit of freedom, self-discovery, and romance that defines the new adult experience.
- Create memorable characters that act and sound like new adults.
- Sculpt a distinct personality for your fiction with POV, voice, tone, and word choices.
- Build a unique, captivating plot that satisfied your audience from beginning to end.
- Learn tools for revising effectively and efficiently in a speed-driven market.
- Weight the options for your path to publication: traditional, indie, and hybrid.
The new adult category is filled with opportunities to break in with distinct plots and original characters. Make your mark by writing a novel that’s fresh, unique—and wholly new adult!
Writer’s Digest Books, ISBN 978-1-59963-800-3
Amazon | B&N | IndieBound | Goodreads | Writer’s Digest Books